This Medicine Ball Workout Is Great For Improving Your Core Stability
Core stability for a runner means HAVING STRONG HIPS and a STABLE PELVIS when you run. This will give you more POWER and SPEED.
Your hips, pelvis, legs, back and stomach muscles all have to work in a perfectly synchronised pattern to keep you moving forwards efficiently, and to minimise the chance of getting injured.
This Medicine Ball Workout also incorporates upper body exercises, often ignored by runners. Upper body strength is essential for good running performance.
This 10 min Medicine Ball Workout adds weight to your workout, and targets all of the main muscles groups to IMPROVE YOUR RUNNING-SPECIFIC STRENGTH.
With A Stronger Core You Can Run Further And Faster
When time is scarce, runners usually skip strength and mobility exercises in favour of running.
- 50 minutes of running plus this 10 minute medicine ball routine will improve your running more than just another 60 minute run!
- If you have enough time to run, you HAVE ENOUGH TIME FOR STRENGTH, it just needs to become a priority.
- The 10-minute workout has been designed to compliment your existing training plan.
- A 2kg Medicine Ball is recommended initially
- Complete the workout 2-3 times per week to improve your overall strength and stability.
- Whether you are new to running or if you've just entered your next ultra marathon, core stability is essential for correct running form.
A great investment you can make in your running
Only 10 minutes a day
10 Minute Medicine Ball Workout
|Build Your Running Strength — $8.00|
Owner of Physiotherapy Clinic The Body Mechanic and Founder of The Locker Room
Learn from the experts
Created by physiotherapist and elite endurance runner, Mark Green, The 10 minute Medicine ball Workout for Runners, is part of his training regime and the training plans he creates for his runners.
Owner of Physiotherapy clinic, The Body Mechanic, and founder of The Locker Room, an online training portal for runners, Mark, has helped thousands of runners improve their running and achieve their race goals.
His holistic approach to training, including strength, mobility, nutrition and running technique is designed to help you move better almost immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to get the video?
Immediately. Your login and access information will be sent to the email address you provide. When you login, your video will be available to view online, with detailed instructions on how to complete each exercise.
When should I do the strength workout?
Ideally 2 -3 times per week. You should try and do this on your rest day or easy run days to make sure you get the maximum benefits
Why only $8?
If you are thinking that is too cheap, what is the catch? There are two main reasons that should put your mind at ease.
1. As a physio and passionate runner, I see so many injuries that could have been avoided by good body maintenance. This workout has been designed so every runner can achieve their full potential.
2. I also believe that once you experience the benefits of this Strength workout, you'll want more and maybe…just maybe…you'll come back, buy more and possibly even upgrade to The Body Mechanic Locker Room Membership where you get access to our Complete Training Programs.
Why is the strength workout only 10 min?
In my experience, if your Body Maintenance routine is too long or too complicated, most runners simply wont do it. This Strength workout has the Essential exercises you need to make the most of your time.