This Medicine Ball Workout Is Great For Improving Your Core Stability
Core stability for a runner means HAVING STRONG HIPS and a STABLE PELVIS when you run. This will give you more POWER and SPEED.
Your hips, pelvis, legs, back and stomach muscles all have to work in a perfectly synchronised pattern to keep you moving forwards efficiently, and to minimise the chance of getting injured.
This Medicine Ball Workout also incorporates upper body exercises, often ignored by runners. Upper body strength is essential for good running performance.
This 10 min Medicine Ball Workout adds weight to your workout, and targets all of the main muscles groups to IMPROVE YOUR RUNNING-SPECIFIC STRENGTH.
With A Stronger Core You Can Run Further And Faster
When time is scarce, runners usually skip strength and mobility exercises in favour of running.
- 50 minutes of running plus this 10 minute medicine ball routine will improve your running more than just another 60 minute run!
- If you have enough time to run, you HAVE ENOUGH TIME FOR STRENGTH, it just needs to become a priority.
- The 10-minute workout has been designed to compliment your existing training plan.
- A 2kg Medicine Ball is recommended initially
- Complete the workout 2-3 times per week to improve your overall strength and stability.
- Whether you are new to running or if you've just entered your next ultra marathon, core stability is essential for correct running form.
This is one the best investments you can make in your running
Only 10 minutes a day
10 Minute Medicine Ball Workout
|Build Your Running Strength — $8.00|
These strength exercises really works. See what our runners say
Thank you for getting me back to running injury free, for getting me running my fastest time ever and for all the support. To say that I am beyond happy is an understatement. Highly recommended
Every year I got injured training for races. I am now injury free and following a body conditioning program that has helped me train consistently
The body maintenance and ongoing advice had my partner crossing the marathon finish line in 3hr10 last weekend, in very difficult wind conditions. Not only did he run his best marathon, he finished in the best physical condition he ever has. Can't recommend Mark, TBM and The Locker Room enough
Owner of Physiotherapy Clinic The Body Mechanic and Founder of The Locker Room
Learn from the experts
Created by physiotherapist and elite endurance runner, Mark Green, The 10 minute Medicine ball Workout for Runners, is part of his training regime and the training plans he creates for his runners.
Owner of successful Sydney Physiotherapy clinic, The Body Mechanic, and founder of TBM Locker Room, an online training portal for runners, Mark, has helped over 15,000 athletes improve their running and achieve their race goals.
His holistic approach to training, including strength, mobility, nutrition and running technique will have you moving better almost immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to get the video?
Immediately. Your login and access information will be sent to the email address you provide. When you login, your video will be available to view online, with detailed instructions on how to complete each exercise.
When should I do the strength workout?
Ideally 2 -3 times per week. You should try and do this on your rest day or easy run days to make sure you get the maximum benefits
Why only $8?
If you are thinking that is too cheap, what is the catch? There are two main reasons that should put your mind at ease.
1. As a physio and passionate runner, I see so many injuries that could have been avoided by good body maintenance. This workout has been designed so every runner can achieve their full potential.
2. I also believe that once you experience the benefits of this Strength workout, you'll want more and maybe…just maybe…you'll come back, buy more and possibly even upgrade to The Body Mechanic Locker Room Membership where you get access to our Complete Training Programs.
Why is the strength workout only 10 min?
In my experience, if your Body Maintenance routine is too long or too complicated, most runners simply wont do it. This Strength workout has the Essential exercises you need to make the most of your time.