12 Weeks to Get Ready For Your 21km Trail Race
Whether this is your first time completing a 21km trail race, or you are a veteran, you need to take a proactive approach to your training, nutrition and body management in order to make it an enjoyable and successful event.
The aim of this 12 week plan is to make sure you know EXACTLY what to do every week to get your body in the best possible shape for race day.
Runners often enter an ultra, get over-excited, train too hard, get injured or peak too early.
To avoid over doing it ... or under doing it, the best way to approach your training is with a specific training plan that will help you to develop endurance and strength, and gradually increase volume, elevation and intensity, so you peak at the right time for your 21km event.
In 12 weeks from now, you will be feeling strong and injury free. Ready to really enjoy your 21km trail event.
To give you an idea of where to start, the beginner plan kicks off with a weekly volume of approx 23km (longest run week 1 is 7km), and the advanced plan starts with a total weekly volume of 49km (longest trail run week 1 is 12km).
What To Expect in your 21km Trail Training Plan
- A 12 week program designed to get you race ready. When you arrive at the start line you will feel confident knowing you have trained smart all the way till race day
- A daily training plan that will keep you on track, without breaking your body or allowing you to over-train
- We teach you Trail Running Techniques so you can power up the hills and flow down them with ease
- Nutrition advice on how to fuel your body during training and on race day
- Two strength workouts a week, designed to support your training load, build endurance, and prevent injuries
- A weekly plan you can print out and stick on the fridge to ensure you stay on track
- Training options for beginner, intermediate and advanced runners
- Access to our online running community, with hundreds of other trail runners, to keep you motivated.
- Weekly emails and support to help you stay motivated and on track
The sense of achievement when you cross the finish line is pure joy...
Train with us all the way until you cross your 21km finish line
12 weeks of training for less than $5* per week
21km Trail Plan
|Your 21km Journey Starts Now — $59.00|
Owner of Sports Physiotherapy Clinic The Body Mechanic and Founder of The Locker Room
Learn from the experts
Created by leading sports physiotherapist and elite endurance runner, Mark Green. The 21km Trail Training Plan, has been designed after years of helping runners achieve their personal best..
Owner of successful Sydney Physiotherapy clinic, The Body Mechanic, and founder of TBM Locker Room, an online training portal for runners, Mark, has helped over 15,000 athletes improve their running and achieve their race goals.
His holistic approach to training, including strength, mobility, nutrition and running technique will have you moving better almost immediately.
Joined the Locker Room recently as a newbie runner and was amazed at the quality and quantity of the material available and all at an amazing price. Can be a little overwhelming at the start to get into this running thing since there is so much information out there but The Locker Room is a great way to tackle it in bite size chunks. More importantly it caters for beginners as well as experienced runners. Very happy indeed with my new on-line 'coach.'
Amanda Marchant, UTA22
Hi Mark, I started your base program in September last year and then followed the beginner UTA 50 program.
I was really concerned about tackling hills and steps with my Achilles tendinitis ( from previous run). Your strength program and 3 min daily stretches were just what I needed. I was successful in completing the 50 kms without any injuries. I’m signing up for a year so I can decide which run I’m tackling next. Thank you!!