Daily Ultra Training Program To Guide You On How To Build A Strong Race Body... And Remain Injury Free
We are incredibly excited to partner with Asia Trail Master to provide race specific training plans for selected ultra events.
The Locker Room provides specific trail training plans designed to help trail runners achieve their personal best and avoid injury.
Asia Trail Master is an internationally acknowledged series of trail running races in Asia. It features an annual championship based on a transparent and easy-to-follow points system for runners that enter races. The Asia Trail Master championship series has, in total, 32 races in 15 Asian countries. So if you are looking for your next event there is an incredible range to choose from and we have the ideal training plans to help you succeed.
To help you train smart all the way to race day, we recommend you follow a 12 week base training block prior to starting a race training block. This will help you build the strength required to ramp up the pace and volume.
Ultra events are an incredible experience. Getting your training right will ensure you turn up ready on race day.
Learn How To Build Strength And Endurance In Between Major Races.
Base training is the first phase of a training cycle. It helps you to develop the endurance and strength you need to prepare your body for the more challenging, race-specific workouts that come closer to race day.
If you always train hard, it is likely, you will over train, burnout or injure yourself.
This 12 week Base and Strength Program, is what you do in between race training blocks. It will guide you on how to;
- Improve your endurance – or aerobic capacity in a safe way
- Train consistently, without breaking your body or over training. (Consistent training = improved performance)
- Improve muscular strength to prevent injuries and smooth the transition to challenging workouts included in your race specific training phase
In 12 weeks from now, you will be feeling strong and injury free. Ready to start a race specific training block.
What is included in a 12 Week Base Training Plan?
- A 12 week program designed to progressively improve your endurance and aerobic capacity.
- A daily training plan that will keep you on track, without breaking your body or letting you over-train.
- Three unique strength workouts every week, to improve your core strength and stability. This will help to prevent injuries and prepare your body for the challenging workouts included in your race specific training phase.
- A weekly plan with increased weekly mileage as you build to your ultra race plan to ensure you stay on track
- Training options for beginner, intermediate and advanced runners.
- Information on trail running technique, how to incorporate "B"races into your training, how to use running poles plus more!
My 22 years of working as a physiotherapist and treating runners has helped me to develop this 12 week training program which is specifically designed to help you learn proper run technique and remain injury free, so that you will achieve your personal best.
Owner of Physiotherapy Clinic The Body Mechanic and Founder of The Locker Room
Learn from the experts
Created by leading physiotherapist and elite endurance runner, Mark Green. The Ultra Base and Race Training Plans have been designed after years of helping runners achieve their personal best..
Owner of successful Sydney Physiotherapy clinic, The Body Mechanic, and founder of TBM Locker Room, an online training portal for runners, Mark, has helped over 15,000 athletes improve their running and achieve their race goals.
His holistic approach to training, including strength, mobility, nutrition and running technique will have you moving better almost immediately.
Thank you for getting me back to running injury free, for getting me running my fastest time ever and for all the support. To say that I am beyond happy is an understatement. Highly recommended
Leanne 50km Base Training
Shane Smedley, 100km Trail Event
I can honestly say that I stuck to the MAF (Maximum Aerobic Function) during my 12 week base training and performed every single strength session. My MAF improved from 1st October 2018 - 9min km splits @ 144bpm. 28th November 2018 - 6:15min splits @ 144bpm. I learn't so much. Great course!
Rohan 50km Base Training