Your Coastal Classic Weekly Program Will Guide You On How To Build A Strong Race Body, Stay Motivated... And Remain Injury Free
The Coastal Classic is challenging!
There is technical terrain in the Palm jungle, boardwalks, knarly climbs out of each bay and a 3km sand run to the finish!
Training for an event like the Coastal Classic can be challenging at the best of times and with our current climate of social distancing and keeping safe, it has probably never been harder.
Now is the time to have a healthy goal and a plan to follow to keep you motivated.
To help you train smart all the way to race day, we have developed two specific training programs, a base plan and a race plan, for the Coastal Classic 2020
To avoid over doing it ... or under doing it, the best way to approach your training is with a Base and Strength Training Plan which will help you to develop endurance and strength, followed by a Coastal Classic Race Specific Training Block where you gradually increase volume, elevation and intensity.
Our CC Base Program is 8 weeks long and our Coastal Classic Race-Specific Program is 12 weeks long. Both are specifically designed to help you achieve your personal best, enjoy your training and keep you going in this frankly incredibly difficult time.
Join Base + Race Training Plan and Train Smart All The Way Till Race Day.
What Is included in the 8 Week Base and Strength Training Plan
Base Training Starts 20th April
Base training is the first phase of a training cycle. It helps you to develop the endurance and strength you need to prepare your body for the more challenging, race-specific workouts that come closer to race day.
What To Expect in the Base Training Phase
- A 8 week program designed to progressively improve your endurance and aerobic capacity.
- A daily training plan that will keep you on track, without breaking your body or letting you over-train.
- Three unique strength workouts every week, to improve your core strength and stability. This will help to prevent injuries and prepare your body for the challenging workouts included in your race specific training phase.
- A weekly plan you can print out and stick on the fridge to ensure you stay on track and keep you motivated
- Training options for beginner, intermediate and advanced runners.
- Information on trail running technique, how to incorporate "B"races into your training, plus more!
What Is included in the 12 Week Coastal Classic Race Plan
Coastal Classic Race Training Starts 15th June 2020
During the race training block we gradually start to increase the total training volume, and we also increase the intensity of some sessions by incorporating hill reps, stair intervals as well as working on course specific skills like downhill running.
What To Expect in the Race Training Phase
- A 12 week program designed to get you race ready. When you arrive at the start line you will feel confident knowing you have trained smart all the way till race day
- A daily training plan that will keep you on track, without breaking your body or allowing you to over-train
- We teach you Trail Running Techniques so you can power up the hills and flow down them with ease
- Nutrition advice on how to fuel your body during training and on race day
- Two strength workouts a week, designed to support your training load, build endurance, and prevent injuries
- A weekly plan you can print out and stick on the fridge to ensure you stay on track
- Training options for beginner, intermediate and advanced runners
- Access to our online running community, with hundreds of other runners, to keep you motivated.
During the race training
The sense of achievement when you cross the finish line is pure joy...
Train with us all the way until you cross the Coastal Classic finish line in Sept 2020.
Get Instant Access To Your Plan When You Sign Up
Owner of Physiotherapy Clinic The Body Mechanic and Founder of The Locker Room
Learn from the experts
Created by physiotherapist and endurance runner, Mark Green. The Coastal Classic Race Training Plan 2020, has been designed after years of helping runners achieve their personal best..
Owner Physiotherapy clinic, The Body Mechanic, and founder of The Locker Room, an online training portal for runners, Mark, has helped thousands of runners improve their running and work towards their race goals.
His holistic approach to training, including strength, mobility, nutrition and running technique will teach you how to move better almost immediately.
ANOTHER HAPPY FINISHER
Another happy finisher! Thanks Mark for your fantastic program - I enjoyed everything about it and it really kept me motivated! Coastal Classic was amazing - such spectacular scenery and a tough course - those steps coming down onto Garie Beach - far out they were hard!! The organization and aid stations were the best.
In seriousness I finished this race in good shape and with a very big smile because of the TBM Locker Room training plan and support. Had I continued my own spreadsheet the results would’ve been very ugly indeed and more than likely I would’ve sustained injury due to poor stability and run strength!
I ACHIEVED A PERSONAL BEST OF 20 MINUTES
Thanks Mark for all your fabulous information and training advice for Coastal Classic. I did come down with the flu during taper which was really unfortunate, however got to the start line today with the goal to finish & enjoy the run. I did this and managed a PB by about 20mins. I already feel better than after last years finish. My running buddies enjoyed your tips on stretching, which I passed on. They agree it has made a huge difference.