Your UTA Weekly Program Will Guide You On How To Build A Strong Race Body... And Remain Injury Free
The Ultra Trail Australia is one of the largest trail events in the world! The scenery, trails and atmosphere are simple incredible. Training for an event like the UTA can be challenging and exciting.
To help you train smart all the way to race day, we have created race specific plan, for each distance in this epic event.
Runners often enter the UTA, get over-excited, train too hard, get injured or peak too early. To avoid over doing it ... or under doing it, the best way to approach your training is with a UTA Race Specific Training Block where you gradually increase volume, elevation and intensity.
The Ultra Trail Australia Race-Specific Program is 16 weeks long. and is specifically designed to help you achieve your UTA 2020 personal best.
What Is included in the 16 Week UTA Race Plan
UTA Race Training Starts 27th January 2020. The UTA 11 Training Plan is 12 weeks long and starts on 24th Feb 2020
During the race training block we gradually start to increase the total training volume, and we also increase the intensity of some sessions by incorporating hill reps, stair intervals as well as working on course specific skills like downhill running.
What To Expect in the UTA Race Training Phase
- A 16 week program designed to get you race ready. When you arrive at the start line you will feel confident knowing you have trained smart all the way till race day
- A daily training plan that will keep you on track, without breaking your body or allowing you to over-train
- We teach you Trail Running Techniques so you can power up the hills and flow down them with ease
- Nutrition advice on how to fuel your body during training and on race day
- Two strength workouts a week, designed to support your training load, build endurance, and prevent injuries
- A weekly plan you can print out and stick on the fridge to ensure you stay on track
- Training options for beginner, intermediate and advanced runners
- Access to our online running community, with hundreds of other UTA entrants, to keep you motivated.
The sense of achievement when you cross the finish line is pure joy...
Train with us all the way until you cross the UTA finish line in May 2020.
16 weeks of training for less than $5* per week
Owner of Physiotherapy Clinic The Body Mechanic and Founder of The Locker Room
Learn from the experts
Created by physiotherapist and endurance runner, Mark Green. The Ultra Trail Australia Race Training Plan 2020, has been designed after years of helping runners achieve their personal best..
Owner Physiotherapy clinic, The Body Mechanic, and founder of The Locker Room, an online training portal for runners, Mark, has helped thousands of runners improve their running and work towards their race goals.
His holistic approach to training, including strength, mobility, nutrition and running technique will teach you how to move better almost immediately.
TRAINING IN MOUNT ISA FOR THE UTA IS DIFFICULT. THE TRAINING PLAN GOT ME THERE
Thank you for the awesome program, without it I don’t think I would have been able to cope with what the UTA50 throws at you!! It was hard to mimic some of the sessions in Mount Isa due to the lack of hills but I got there!! I even achieved my goal of under 10hrs with 9hrs and 34min
Kristy Wernowski, UTA 50
Shane Smedley, UTA 100km
I SURPRISED MYSELF COMING IN 16TH FEMALE AT UTA PACE22
Thanks Mark so much for your guidance throughout the last three months.
Because of the training, I just ran and enjoyed the scenery and didn’t overthink anything. The bonus was that I surprised myself on my second trail race ever placing 16th female and a time of 2hrs 25mins in the 22 course.
Amanda Marchant, UTA22