16 Weeks to Get Ready For Your Epic 100km Ultra Trail Race
Whether this is your first time completing a 100km race, or you are a veteran, you need to take a proactive approach to your training, nutrition and body management in order to make it an enjoyable and successful event.
The aim of this 16 week plan is to teach you what to do every week to get your body in the best possible shape for race day.
Runners often enter an ultra, get over-excited, train too hard, get injured or peak too early.
To avoid over doing it ... or under doing it, the best way to approach your training is with a specific training plan that will help you to develop endurance and strength, and gradually increase volume, elevation and intensity, so you peak at the right time for your 100km event.
In 16 weeks from now, the aim of the plan is to have you feeling strong and prepared. Ready to really enjoy your 100km trail event.
To give you an idea of where to start, the beginner plan kicks off with a weekly volume of approx 43km (longest run week 1 is 17km), the advanced plan starts with a total weekly volume of 70km (longest trail run week 1 is 24km).
If these volumes sound too high for your current level of fitness, you may be better off starting with the 50km trail plan. Don't over do it and end up injured!
What To Expect in your 100km training Plan
- A 16 week program designed to get you race ready. When you arrive at the start line you will feel confident knowing you have trained smart all the way till race day
- A daily training plan that will keep you on track, without breaking your body or allowing you to over-train
- We teach you Trail Running Techniques so you can power up the hills and flow down them with ease
- Nutrition advice on how to fuel your body during training and on race day
- Two strength workouts a week, designed to support your training load, build endurance, and prevent injuries
- A weekly plan you can print out and stick on the fridge to ensure you stay on track
- Training options for beginner, intermediate and advanced runners
- Access to our online running community, with hundreds of other trail runners, to keep you motivated.
- Weekly emails and support to help you stay motivated and on track
The sense of achievement when you cross the finish line is pure joy...
Train with us all the way until you cross your 100km finish line
16 weeks of training for less than $5* per week
100km Trail Plan
|Your 100km Journey Starts Now — $79.00|
Owner of Physiotherapy Clinic The Body Mechanic and Founder of The Locker Room
Learn from the experts
Created by physiotherapist and ultra runner, Mark Green. The 100km Training Plan, has been designed after years of helping runners achieve their personal best..
Owner of Physiotherapy clinic, The Body Mechanic, and founder of TBM Locker Room, an online training portal for runners, Mark, has helped thousands of athletes improve their running and achieve their race goals.
His holistic approach to training, including strength, mobility, nutrition and running technique will have you moving better almost immediately.
TBM and locker room provides so much more than just a training program; the support and monthly challenges are motivating so you to become a better runner. Mark also seems to have a knack of posting the right information at the right time, about niggles,nutrition, shoes . . .In 18 months I have gone from a non runner to an ULTRA runner 🤩
Shane Smedley, UTA 100km
Thanks Mark for your great coaching over the last 1.5 years to make the impossible possible. And to Peter Sweeny for fixing me on more than one occasion! So great to bump into and chat to so many friendly body mechanics out there on the UTA 100 course!
Mark Avery, UTA100